Are you passionate about connecting people to nature?
Do you love working with kids? (Or think you could love it?)
Do you want to deepen your connection with nature and improve your skills as a mentor?
WE WANT YOU!
Feet on the Earth Programs is growing and we are seeking interns for our summer camps and weekly homeschool and after-school programs.
What you get:
- Hands-on experience learning & teaching earth-living skills and applying the 8 Shields Cultural Mentoring model.
- Direct experience working with children and/or adolescents in nature.
- Applied knowledge about building community and creating nature-based rites of passage.
- An understanding of children's development and the unique developmental needs of girls and boys as they enter adolescence.
- Mentoring on your path from experienced deep nature connection mentors.
- Priority when we are hiring new instructors (based on experience). We prefer to hire people who train and work with us!
- Tons of fun!
- An awesome learning community.
- An opportunity to live in an extraordinarily beautiful place, in the foothills of the Central Rocky Mountains, surrounded by an abundance of wild places and diverse ecosystems.
- Arrive in Boulder by Labor Day for fall programs. (Mid-year opportunities are available in January.) Contact us about dates for interning on summer camps.
- Participate in our fall intern orientation on September 12th from 9am-12pm, plus other training opportunities as they arise.
- Work with the same program(s) every week for a season (fall or spring) or preferably the whole school year. Yes, you can intern for more than one program - we recommend it!
- Programs run Sept to late-May with the usual breaks - Thanksgiving, winter holidays, and spring break.
- Be available for planning and debrief for each program you are involved with, about 2 to 2.5 hours per week.
- Be willing to grow, receive feedback and have a lot of fun.
- Comfortable being in nature in all weather conditions (or a willingness to get there) and appropriate clothing for doing so.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Some experience with, knowledge of, and interest in earth-living skills and/or Coyote Mentoring.
- Ability to pass a basic background check.
- First aid training - not required, but strongly recommended.
Send a resume and letter of interest that tells us about who you are, your background & experience, and why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org or Feet on the Earth Programs, PO Box 18302, Boulder, CO 80308.